Favorite vehicles.

Everything related to the World of Tanks Free2Play game

Moderators: ShunnedSAMURAI, Moderators

Evil_Echo

Favorite vehicles.

Postby Evil_Echo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Mine are all German...

Hummel - one of the few who seems to like arty. I've blind-shotted enemy arty a number of times, and hit KV-3's on the roll. A couple of time even gotten mad and used it for a TD - which scares the hell out of people if you are successful ( does 2 kills and 1 damage count? ).

JagPanzer - some say it looks like cockroach, but in the water it's more like a salt-water crocodile. It's fairly nimble too, you can win a dual with most light tanks if you are clever. When you have all the upgrades including my beloved 88mm cannon it's a sniper AT weapon. My best shot was to stop a base capture, nailed a Sherman at our flag from the enemy flag - getting base defense points while helping cap a base.

Marder II. I refuse to trade in this vehicle, it's just too fun. Teaming up with Marshal we become the "Marder Twins" and often make 50% of the kills for our side. The traverse speed is good and with upgraded weapon you can tangle with a lot of vehicles, more if your partner and you tag-team the victim. My all-time personal best run was with this - 6 kills and base capture on Himmelsdorf.

Tanks - jury still out. The Aus-A can be fun, but you have to learn how to use it properly. Ditto with the Pz III/IV. Hoping for the Panther, will decide then which is my favorite.
I am fear.

Bikerpete
Web Master and =CGHQ= Council Member

Re: Favorite vehicles.

Postby Bikerpete » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:43 am

OK - lets see, what s in the garage ...
german, german, german, US, german .... :mrgreen:

Pz III/IV
is a fun tank. Once fully upgraded, you have a fast and precise tank. The only problem here is the matchmaking.
In the last matches, I always ended in high tier matches, where my only job was to scout. But as it is a universal tank, you can do everything with it.

I think the StuG III with the L70 is better than the JagdPz IV - but just for the reason: Matchmaker.
StuG is a very good farm tank, while the JagdPz IV gets in stupid matchmakings sometimes.

I must confess, that I love the AMX 12t. A nice fast little asshole with enough firepower to damage tier 7 :twisted:
Again a good farming tank.

Panther and Tiger are good tanks - but they have not enough firepower. You will have to stay in the background all the time and wait for a target to show up.
Panther has enough speed to flank enemies and shoot at their weak points.

I hope, that things will change with Panther II and Kingtiger. But it is a long way to go for me now :?

Oh ... another fun tank is the T-34. It is fast and has a high fire-rate. But like all soviet tanks, it is not good at sniping.
Horror, when you first play german tanks (esp. PzKpfw IV) and then try to snipe with T-34 or T-34-85 :wink:

Evil_Echo

Postby Evil_Echo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:34 pm

The Pz III/IV started out badly, I missed the speed of the Aus A and the first level gun could not hit much. Once it was fully upgraded and you got used to how it handles - it's quite good. Especially as a brawler, guarding the flag or protecting arty.

Stug III - good, but I'll still take my Marder II over it. Especially if Marshall is paired up with me. The Stug and Hetzer just could not hit as hard concistently.
I am fear.

Lowellowen

Postby Lowellowen » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:56 am

What have you read the article, it is.

Return to “World of Tanks”