ArmA2 more popular than CoD? Hmm....

A place for discussions on ArmA I & II

Moderators: ShunnedSAMURAI, Moderators

Evil_Echo

ArmA2 more popular than CoD? Hmm....

Postby Evil_Echo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Some game stat servers are now reporting higher levels of ArmA2 play than for the Call of Duty series.

I'm a bit skeptical of these "statistics" since the servers mentioned don't measure everyone playing those games. You might be able to gauge ArmA1/2 MP activity via GameSpy, dunno enough about CoD to say where or if you could count players there. In either case, single player gamers would be left out of the tally and skew the numbers badly.

In the stories I've read, the numbers were derived from 3rd-party sources like Xfire. That makes the numbers even more questionable, since various game communities will lean toward one 'chat' system more than another and bias the results further.

So for now, nice story - but not buying the line.
I am fear.

Hectic
=CGHQ= Veteran Member

Postby Hectic » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:09 am

sorry, but there's no way that this game would have more people playing than CoD series. Honestly. Has the media forgotten about how many played CoD4 on Xbox live?

Evil_Echo

Postby Evil_Echo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:05 pm

My point exactly. The stats are skewed.

Makes for a good example of why I am a skeptic about any claim that only uses 3rd-party data.
I am fear.

Evil_Echo

Postby Evil_Echo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:45 pm

One thing I did notice - scanning the server lists last night for both A1 and A2. The number of sites with active games and total gamer count on those sites has dropped a lot for A1. And a heck of a lot more activity on the A2 sites - levels like I used to see for BF2 a couple years back.

Hardly a scientific poll, but interesting. I would have never expected the transition from A1 to A2 to be this fast. Stunning actually.
I am fear.

Return to “Armed Assault I & II”