ArmA2 disks now shipping.

A place for discussions on ArmA I & II

Moderators: ShunnedSAMURAI, Moderators

Evil_Echo

ArmA2 disks now shipping.

Postby Evil_Echo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Got mine on Friday. Nice hint card for keys included along with a more detailed manual than ArmA had.

Still learning. The control system reverted to OFP-style, which many seem to like better. Not hard to get used to.

Stock sound effects much better. M4 rifle very crisp. Sound levels seem higher too - had to dial it down a bit for my tastes.

Currently working on the basic training section. It's got a lot more sections and more challenging than ArmA was. The feel of it is closer to America's Army, though it leans toward a more mellow veteran vs gung-ho maggot experience.

So far it's thumbs up for this. Currently the game is at patch level 1.02 and 1.03 is due out soon.
I am fear.

RazZleDazZle

Postby RazZleDazZle » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:32 am

I've heard its a bit buggy. Keep us up to speed on how things are going and I might hop in and buy a copy within the next couple of weeks.

Glad you're having a good time so far, it's nice when a game delivers on what your hoping for/expecting.

Cheers
dazzlESKIMOS

Evil_Echo

Postby Evil_Echo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 am

If you believed all the posts on youtube, you'd think the game was unplayable. Of course you'd also have to believe setting yourself on fire was a great way to pick up girls too. :lol:

No doubt there are a few kinks to bang out. A game this big always has a few issues at first. But so far I'm having a great time, no grumbles here.
I am fear.

Vesuvan
Web Master and =CGHQ= Council Member

Postby Vesuvan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:24 am

I've been playing ArmA II demo on and off a bit. The game looks promising, but I'm still learning the interface and controls. Just a matter of time...

Bikerpete
Web Master and =CGHQ= Council Member

Postby Bikerpete » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:54 pm

I started playing the demo, but RL cought me again (currently sitting in a hotel-room, because I am on a IT training for two days).
It's looking very promising and for the bugs:
I guess ArmA II has not more bugs than BF2 on patchlevel 1.41 :twisted:

But the learning curve is steep and I will have to spend some time to get into it :wink:

Return to “Armed Assault I & II”